Who is Carl Girouard? Suspect Arrest, Wiki, Bio, Age, Family, Career, Net Worth, Many More Facts You Need To Know

Carl Girouard
Carl Girouard

Carl Girouard Wiki – Carl Girouard Biography

Carl Girouard is a 24-year-old Montreal man who was identified as two dead and at least five injured in random sword attacks in Quebec City, Canada, according to a report by Le Journal de Quebec. Radio Canada reports the suspect in custody 20 kilometers northwest of Montreal in Sainte-Thérèse, Que. He learned from his town that he was 24-year-old Carl Girouard. The City of Quebec police did not verify his identity.
On Sunday morning, in the historic district of Québec City, a young man was arrested after two men were stabbed to death and five were injured, in the historic district of Québec City.

Carl Girouard Age

He is 24 years old.

Carl Girouard Killing People & Incident

It is known that Girouard had mental health problems before the attacks, authorities held at a press conference on Sunday. While officials repeatedly emphasized mental health at their press conference, the mayor of Quebec City said the government should address mental health issues in the community.

According to police, the suspect made violent threats in 2014, including threatening to kill people in a “medical context”.

Michelle Chagnon, a neighbor of the apartment complex in the Montreal area of ​​Girouard, told Le Journal de Quebec, “This is very sad. This is the man who ruptured a bus driver’s jawbone. I think there is a lack of mental health resources in the region. It started to be unreliable. “According to CTV News, Chagnon was describing an attack in September 2020 by a man in Montreal who said a female bus driver was enraged by police being told to wear a mask.

The attacks started at around 22:30. It’s Saturday night, on Halloween, according to the CBC. The attacks occurred near the Chateau Frontenac hotel on du Trssor Street and on des Remparts Street, the news outlet reported.

“Last night, when a 24-year-old man who didn’t live in Quebec City came here with the intention of taking as many victims as possible, we were dragged into a night of horror,” said Pigeon, police chief. news conference.

Victims

Victims of the attacks were not identified, but officials said they were all residents of Quebec City and included two French citizens who had been living in Canada for several years. So far, little information about Girouard has been published. Police said the suspect is scheduled to appear in court on Sunday, November 1st, with video. According to the newspaper’s report, the authorities did not officially reveal his name, but Le Journal also confirmed his Quebec identity with various sources. Radio Canada also identified the suspect as Girouard, according to the CBC.
The body of the first victim was found on du Tresor Street near the Chateau Frontenac hotel, according to the CBC. According to Le Soleil, the first victim was “slaughtered” and there was a wound “punctured” through his body and there was a lot of blood. The second was located on des Remparts Street. The police had been looking for the suspect for more than two hours.

Carl Girouard Arrested

Police said at a press conference that the suspect was wearing medieval clothes and was armed with a Japanese-style katana sword. Some witnesses described the suspect as posing as a samurai, according to the CBC. According to the police, the attack was planned in advance, but the victims were chosen at random.
Authorities said at a press conference that Girouard was arrested at around 1 am on November 1, near Old Quebec Harbor. According to the police, he was spotted by a security guard at the port. Le Soleil reported that Girouard was barefoot and lying on the ground before he was detained. According to the newspaper, he did not resist the police and raised his arms. According to Le Soleil, his sword is next to him

Authorities said at a press conference that the suspect was admitted to a local hospital for evaluation after showing signs of hypothermia. Since then he has been taken to a police station for questioning.

Carlos Godoy, a Quebec City resident, said Associated Press police searched his neighborhood while searching for the suspect. “It’s a full moon, October 31st. It’s Halloween, and it’s a locked weekend. Nobody should go out on the streets,” he told the AP, “And I’m in an extremely quiet neighborhood because there are no tourists these days.” According to the Associated Press, The area where the stabbings occurred is normally crowded.

The Quebec City police chief said at a press conference on Sunday that Girouard, who is from Montreal’s North Coast, has no criminal record. He said the details about previous threats were made in the context of mental health, not criminals.

According to Le Journal de Quebec, the police were searching for Girouard’s house on Place Brosseau in Sainte-Therese and also his vehicle. He was scheduled to appear in court for the first time on Sunday via video. It was not immediately clear what charges he was facing.

Investigation

According to the police, Girouard is believed to be motivated for “personal reasons” and there are no known links with terrorist or hate groups. Police said the investigation was ongoing, but Girouard was not believed to be caused by religious or political ideology. Police said they did not believe the attack was linked to the recent terrorism in France.
Quebec City Police Chief Robert Pigeon told reporters at a press conference that the suspect had arrived in Quebec City during the stabbing and violence “with the intention of causing as much damage as possible”. “Some have serious injuries, but we are not afraid of their lives,” Pigeon said of the surviving victims.

Police spokesperson Etienne Doyon said investigators are working to determine whether Girouard acted alone. “Nothing is impossible,” he told Global News. “But for now, we are happy to have arrested a suspect and the investigation is ongoing.”
Quebec City Mayor Regis Labeaume said at a press conference on Sunday that the murders brought back memories of the 2017 attack on a mosque in Quebec City, which killed six people and injured 19. “I have a distinct impression that you are replaying an old movie that was a movie that took place at the mosque in Quebec on January 29, 2017,” Labeaume said. “This is a hallucinatory, scary event, an event that is obviously incomprehensible.”

Labeaume said the incident seemed isolated. “I feel the need to remember that this drama does not question the fact that this city is one of the safest cities in the world, but that it is difficult and almost impossible to predict the consequences of insanity visibly resulting from mental health problems. “The mayor said.

The mayor said, “There must be solidarity. This tragedy adds to our collective mental burden from the epidemic, we will do whatever is necessary to deal with the psychological consequences of the tragedy. ”

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau tweeted, “My heart was broken at the loved ones of two people who lost their lives in the terrible attack in Quebec City last night. I also wish the wounded to heal completely. We keep you in mind and we’ll be there for you. Thank you to the first responders for your critical work. “

About the author

Daniel Chapman

Originally from the U.K., Darryl Hinton is a journalist and web content specialist who now lives and writes in Trending Topics of the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia. Chapman’s work has appeared in a wide range of publications in print and online, including The Guardian, The Daily Beast, Pacific Standard magazine, The Independent, McSweeney’s Internet Tendency, and many other outlets.

SPONSORED LINKS